Terms and Conditions for the 3D Fashion Design Competition (Important)
- The 3D Fashion Design Competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”) is organised by Textile & Fashion Industry Training Centre (TaF.tc).
- All participants are subject to this Competition’s Terms and Conditions (T&Cs). Non-compliance with or breach of these T&Cs may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Competition, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age, and be either a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident to qualify for entry into the Competition.
- Participants must meet the entry requirements of:
- Minimum 3 "O" level credits, or WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above;
- Computer and visualisation skills (Take this test- Passing score is 4/6 and above);
- Participants who do not the pass the test are strongly recommended to take the pre-requisite course Digital Apparel Design to familiarise themselves with a 2D digital workspace before learning a 3D workspace in this competition.
- Employees of TaF.tc or any associated company of TaF.tc, and persons connected with the Competition/ prize draw (i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers, and their agents) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Past graduates and current students of “WSQ Apply Virtual Fit Evaluation” are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Past graduates and current students of the "WSQ Diploma in Fashion Technology (Apparel Design and Product Development)" or past students of the Professional Conversion Programme or the Global Fashion Talent Programme are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current, and complete. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
- The Organiser reserves the right to reject any application as it deems appropriate and to disqualify any participant there are reasonable grounds to believe the participant has breached any of these T&Cs.
- In the event that any participant is disqualified from the Competition, TaF.tc in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, the additional participant will be selected based on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these T&Cs.
- An application fee of S$74.90 (inclusive of 7% GST) is payable by every participant to enter the competition. This fee is not eligible for SkillsFuture credit claim and there will be no further funding applied.
- Each participant is required to complete 39 hours of training and assessment. Otherwise, the participant will be required to pay the full course fee of our WSQ Apply Virtual Fit Evaluation course at S$2,192.30 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- Once a participant has selected and enrolled into a workshop intake date, the participant will not be able to request for a reschedule, postponement, or any makeup sessions. If the participant wishes to change the intake date, he/she will need to enrol again and make another application fee payment of S$74.90 (inclusive of 7% GST).
- Participants must attend a 39-hour WSQ Apply Virtual Fit Evaluation programme in full to submit their designs for the competition.
- Participants are required to take a qualifying assessment on basic computer and visualisation skills. If participants fail the qualifying assessment, they are strongly recommended to take the pre-requisite course Digital Apparel Design to familiarise themselves with a 2D digital workspace before learning a 3D workspace in this competition.
Days 1 to 3 Participants will learn to use CLO-3D to create garments Day 4 Participants will be given time to create their own 3D outfit, with the guidance of the instructor Day 5 Participants will undergo an assessment to ensure that they have fulfilled their learning criteria, before continuing to complete their 3D outfit. Participants are required to submit their 3D outift by the end of the 5th day.
- Participants will be required to come up with an original design during the WSQ Apply Virtual Fit Evaluation course.
- Instructors reserve the right to reject and simplify a student's proposed design if it is deemed as difficult to complete within the given time frame.
- Training protocol:
- The trainer will give advice on the participant's design solely based on the participant’s sketch.
- The trainer will not give any comments on the design or aesthetic of the design. Any changes that the participant makes during the course will be solely based on their own decision.
- Participants MUST submit 1 complete outfit on CLO-3D to be eligible for the competition. Incomplete designs will immediately be disqualified.
- Participants may be disqualified if they do not satisfy any of the requirements specified above.
- TaF.tc reserves the right to withdraw shortlisted finalists from the competition for non-attendance or non-adherence to scheduled workshop dates and times.
- TaF.tc will not be held responsible for any liabilities, financial or otherwise, or in making any other form of compensation in the event of any changes to the venue, date, or cancellation of the competition and/or its related event(s) due to any unforeseen circumstances.
Finalist Selection and Prizes
- Upon completion of the training period, competition judges shall review participants and their designs based on the following judging criteria:
- The Competition judges shall review and select the 20 highest-scoring participants. The 20 participants will undergo an interview process conducted by the judges, from which 10 finalists will be shortlisted.
- The judges will be selecting 3 winners amongst the 10 shortlisted finalists.
- TaF.tc reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter the prizes offered without notice to the participants.
- TaF.tc will endeavour to administer the prizes on and at the advertised date, time, venue, and by mode as advertised, but reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the prize by another mode in such circumstances as TaF.tc may deem appropriate.
- TaF.tc reserves the exclusive rights to the intellectual property of all participants’ designs and prototypes. We reserve the rights to use all pictures, videos, and related materials arising from the competition in all future marketing collaterals.
- The 10 finalists shall agree to the following contractual terms:
- The top 3 prize winners shall enrol and complete in a Fashion Business/Apparel Design Accelerated Pathway Programme (dates to be confirmed) with nett fees sponsored by competition sponsors. Regular TaF.tc student terms and conditions apply to the participant upon enrolment. Should the participant decide not to enrol in the Diploma, they agree to forfeit my prize to the next runner up.
- The top three winners shall agree to be employed in the Place-and-Train programme with the respective sponsoring companies for one year as a full-time virtual prototypist employee (estimated January 2022 to December 2022, datest to be confirmed). Salary package will be determined by the sponsoring company depending on the participant’s relevant working experiences.
- Attend the whole duration of the Competition Finale on 26th December 2021 (final date to be confirmed)
- By entering the Competition, each participant agrees that:
- Any and All personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to TaF.tc for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the Competition, and such other purposes TaF.tc may reasonably deem appropriate, or in relation to which the participant has otherwise provided TaF.tc with consent;
- TaF.tc may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, the participant’s personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in TaF.tc’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites and in ads, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Competition or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in TaF.tc without further compensation.
- Participants shall not, without the prior approval of TaF.tc, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Competition.
- TaF.tc and TaF.tc’s partners and/or sponsors for the Competition shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with the Competition, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). If applicable, all warranty claims in regards to a prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to the Competition nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.