TaF.tc has in place a group medical insurance scheme for all its students. This medical insurance scheme will have a minimum coverage as follows : an annual coverage limit of S$20,000 per student, covers up to B2 wards/6-bedder wards (conditions apply) in Singapore Government and Restructured hospitals; and provides for 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in TaF.tc Singapore-related activities) throughout the course duration.
To ensure that students are protected against the risk of medical expenses, full time students arerequired to purchase medical insurance coverage for their course duration. The insurance should cover hospitalisation and related medical treatment expenses. However, students can opt out of medical coverage if they have existing medical insurance, and belong to either of the following groups:
- Singapore citizens, permanent residents and any student not on a Student’s Pass, e.g. holders of dependent’s pass, social visit pass, employment pass or work permit; or
- Students under corporate sponsorship or corporate agreement signed between the PEI and sponsor organisation.
The mandatory medical insurance purchase described above does not apply to students studying on a part-time basis or those taking courses that are no more than 30 days or 50 hours in duration.
For more information on medical insurance, kindly click on the following references:-
- AXA GHS Certificate of Insurance – Policy Number Q0048832EduTrust GHS Product Summary FAQs
- Textile Benefits Schedule for GHS (Plan 2)
- Group Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance (GHS) Product Summary – Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Education Institute Combined Claim Form (with Private Hospitalization Certification)Medical Insurance Declaration FormMedical Insurance Declaration Form